MEMBER NATION 2011 ACTIVITY REPORT
NATION MEMBRE - RAPPORT D'ACTIVITÉ 2011
PART 1: THE ASSOCIATION. / 1ère PARTIE : L'ASSOCIATION.
**** Name and address, E-mail, web site. / Nom et adresse, E-mail, site web.
- Podkomitet Budownictwa Podziemnego Polskiego Komitetu Geotechniki – Subcommittee of Underground Construction of Polish Geotechnical Committee – Polish Group of ITA
- website: www.pbp-ita.pl
- Secretary: Politechnika Warszawska, ul. Armii Ludowej 16 , room 426, 00-637 Warsaw – Poland, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- President: Anna Siemińska-Lewandowska, Warsaw University of Technology, ul. Armii Ludowej 16 , room 426, 00-637 Warsaw – Poland, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , phone: + 4822 8256078, mobile:0 501572811
**** Type of structure. / Type de structure.
Polish Group of ITA - association open to public. Association members are employees of higher education institutions (universities), research institutes, design offices and contractors.
**** Number of members and type. / Nombre de membres et type.
- 66 individuals
- 7 – supporting members
**** Title of the journal (if any). Important articles published in 2011.
Titre éventuel de la revue. Articles importants publiés en 2011.
- Budownictwo Górnicze i Tunelowe - Mine and Tunnel Engineering, ISSN 1234-5342
- Geoinżynieria- drogi, mosty, tunele – Geoengineering- roads, bridges, tunnels, ISSN 1895-0426
- Inżynieria i Budownictwo – Engineering and Construction, ISSN 0021-0315
- &Górnictwo i Geoinżynieria – Mining and Geoengineering, ISSN 1732-6702
**** Major events of the association during 2011.
Événements majeurs de l'association en 2011.
- The Ex-Co meeting in Warsaw on 10th of September 2011
- The Seminar “Mechanized methods vs. conventional methods of tunnel construction” on 9th of September 2011, with the participation of President of ITA Mr In Mo Lee (Fig.1), Executive Director Mr Olivier Vion and the speakers – members of Ex-Co: Rick Lovat (The development of earth pressure shields: from the beginning to the present), Piergiorgio Grasso (Technical and economic aspects of mechanized and conventional tunnelling), Bai Yun (Tunnel Construction Impact on Urban Conditions), Daniele Peila (Influence of chemical additives used in EPB tunnelling and its management;) Martin Knights, Søren Degn Eskesen, Amanda Elioff (Control of Risks in Tunnels and Underground Projects. An introduction to the ITA Guideline for Tunnelling Risk Management). The Seminar gathered 140 participants. The main sponsors of the Seminar were:
- joint-venture (AGP) of Astaldi (Italy) acting as the Leader, Gulermak (Turkey), and Przedsiębiorstwo Budowy Dróg i Mostów (Poland), which is currently constructing the central part of 2nd Metro line in Warsaw,
- Herrenknecht AG, providing 3 EPB TBMs for the construction of tunnels of the central part of 2nd Metro line in Warsaw.
||Fig. 1. Mr In Mo Lee President of ITA, opening ceremony of The Seminar “Mechanized methods vs. conventional methods of tunnel construction”
- XIth International conference UNDERGROUND INFRASTRUCTURE of URBAN AREAS was held on 25-26 of October 2011 in Wrocław. It was organized by Polish Group of ITA, Technical University of Wroclaw and Polish Society for Trenchless Technology. The conference gathered 160 participants form Poland and other European countries. Proceedings from this event are published by Balkema. The main sponsor was Herrenknecht AG. ITA was represented there by Ex-Co member Mr Søren Degn Eskesen.
PART 3: UNDERGROUND ACTIVITY.
3ème PARTIE : ACTIVITÉ DES TRAVAUX EN SOUTERRAIN.
- The construction of 6.3 km long central part of underground line in Warsaw started in march 2010.The stations are built using the cut and cover method, two single-track tunnels - with the use of 3 TBMs. The constructions of Rondo Daszyńskiego station and Powisle station, used as TBM starting shaft started in 2011.The first TBM EPB named “Maria” was assembled in Warsaw in September 2011. The second and third TBM will start I summer 2012.The most difficult part is drilling the tunnels under Vistula River The station are constructed using diaphragm walls (20 m to 40 m deep and 1,0 m to 1,50 thick) and jet grouting bottom plague. The price is approx. 1 billion EUR ; end of works - 27th October 2013.
|Fig. 2. TBM EPB named “Maria”
- A construction of a tunnel under the river Vistula in Warsaw has been finish. The tunnel will be used to transport wastewater from the left-bank part of the city to the currently modernized wastewater treatment plant situated on the right river bank. The total length of the tunnel is 1300 m. It is situated approx. 10 m below the bottom of the river. The 5.35m was used for the construction of this tunnel. The drilling started on 8.04.2011, ended 22.11.2011. The work progress was varying from 8 to 25 m per day (3 shifts, 24/7). The price of this investment was 176 mln PLN (approx. 42 million EURO).
- The construction of 1350 m long railway tunnel in Warsaw, connection line between Warsaw Central Station and Airport Terminal 2 is completed. The tunnel was constructed using cut & cover method with diaphragm walls. The price was 209 mln PLN (50 million EURO)
|Fig. 3. Construction of railway tunnel in Warsaw
- The tender has been completed for the road tunnel under the Martwa Wisła river in Gdańsk. The TBM method was accepted. Two independent 950 m long tunnels will be built with internal diameter of 13.50 m, containing two-lane roadways with a 3.5 m wide emergency lane. The total length of the passage will be 1970 m including the sections to be built using the cut and cover method – 680 m as well as open approach ramps with length of 340 m.
PART 4: STATISTICS. 4ème PARTIE : STATISTIQUES.
**** Length or volume excavated - % mechanized / % conventional
Longueur ou volume excavé - % mécanisé / % conventionnel
2000 m – 65 % mechanized, 35% conventional plus 1350 m cut &cover
**** Awards. Amount (USD or EUR) of tunnelling / underground space facilities awarded in 2012
Attribution. Montant (USD ou EUR) des travaux / ouvrages souterrains attribués en 2012
1,1 billlion EURO
E N D / F I N