MEMBER NATION 2012 ACTIVITY REPORT
NATION MEMBRE - RAPPORT D'ACTIVITÉ 2012
PART 1: THE ASSOCIATION. / 1ère PARTIE : L'ASSOCIATION.
**** Name and address, E-mail, web site. / Nom et adresse, E-mail, site web.
- Podkomitet Budownictwa Podziemnego Polskiego Komitetu Geotechniki – Subcommittee of Underground Construction of Polish Geotechnical Committee – Polish Group of ITA
- website: www.pbp-ita.pl
- Secretary: Politechnika Warszawska, ul. Armii Ludowej 16 , room 426, 00-637 Warsaw – Poland, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- President: Anna Siemińska-Lewandowska, Warsaw University of Technology, ul. Armii Ludowej 16 , room 426, 00-637 Warsaw – Poland, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , phone: + 4822 8256078, mobile:0 501572811
**** Type of structure. / Type de structure.
Polish Group of ITA - association open to public. Association members are employees of higher education institutions (universities), research institutes, design offices and contractors.
**** Number of members and type. / Nombre de membres et type.
- 66 individuals
- 6 – supporting members
**** Title of the journal (if any). Important articles published in 2012.
Titre éventuel de la revue. Articles importants publiés en 2012.
- Budownictwo Górnicze i Tunelowe - Mine and Tunnel Engineering, ISSN 1234-5342
- Geoinżynieria- drogi, mosty, tunele – Geoengineering- roads, bridges, tunnels, ISSN 1895-0426
- Inżynieria i Budownictwo – Engineering and Construction, ISSN 0021-0315
- &Górnictwo i Geoinżynieria – Mining and Geoengineering, ISSN 1732-6702
- Siemińska-Lewandowska A., Mitew-Czajewska M., Tomczak U., The study of displacements of diaphragm walls built in Warsaw Quaternary soils, TC28 Roma 2011, Proceedings of 7th International Symposium, Geotechnical aspects of underground construction in soft ground, Taylor & Francis Group, London 2012, p. 605-610,
- Madryas C., Skomorowski L., Strużyński R., Vladimirov V, Multi-utility tunnels - necessity of underground infrastructure of urban areas. Proceedings of World Tunnel Congress Bangkok 2012, p. 1-9.
- Madryas C., Wysocki L., Moczko A., Modern systems and methodology for the technical examination of concrete underground infrastructure. Underground infrastructure of urban areas 2. CRC Press/Balkema, 2012, p. 149-163,
- Madryas C., Skomorowski L., Strużyński R., Vladimirov V, Utility tunnels - old fashion or necessity ? : analysis of environmental engineering factors creating potential for growth. Underground infrastructure of urban areas 2. CRC Press/Balkema, 2012, p. 137-147,
- Kuszyk R., Siemińska-Lewandowska A. „Evaluation of Subsiding Trough Expansion over TBM Tunnel” Proceedings of World Tunnel Congress Bangkok 2012, p. 138-140,
- Lejzerowicz A. , Kowalczyk S. , Wysocka A. , "Sedimentary architecture and ground penetrating radar (GPR) analysis of sandy-gravel esker deposits in Kozlow, Central Poland" Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Ground Penetrating Radar. June 4-8 2012, Shanghai, China, p. 676-681.
- Mitew – Czajewska M., Pruska J. „ Numerical analysis of displacements of a diaphragm wall” Geotechnika, Casopis Pro Zakladani Staveb, Mechaniku Zemin a Inzenyrskou Geologii 3/2012, p. 9-12
PART 3: UNDERGROUND ACTIVITY.
3ème PARTIE : ACTIVITÉ DES TRAVAUX EN SOUTERRAIN.
- The 1350 m long railway tunnel in Warsaw, connection line between Warsaw Central Station and Airport Terminal 2 was opened in May 2012. The tunnel was constructed using cut & cover method and diaphragm walls. The price was 209 mln PLN (50 million EURO)
- The construction of 6.3 km long central part of underground line in Warsaw started in march 2010. The construction is under progress. 7 stations are built using the cut and cover method, all excavations (15-30m deep) are almost completed, two single-track tunnels are constructed using 4 TBMs. The first TBM EPB named “Maria” has just finished first tunnel between starting shaft (Rondo Daszyńskiego station) and Rondo ONZ station (fig. 1). This TBM, in September, has made official speed record – 43m of tunnel per day (fig. 2). The price is approx. 1 billion EUR ; end of works – July/August 2014.
- The construction of road tunnel under the Martwa Wisła river in Gdańsk is under progress. The total length of the passage will be 1970 m including the sections to be built using cut and cover method – 680 m, as well as open approach ramps with length of 340 m. Two independent 1076 m long tunnels containing two-lane roadways with a 3.5 m wide emergency lane will be built using 12,56 diameter Mixshield TBM. The TBM named Damroka (Fig. 3) is now being assembled in the starting shaft (Fig. 3) and it is scheduled to begin drilling in May 2013. End of works – December 2014.
- Train tunnels in ŁódĄ – the concept design of train tunnels in ŁódĄ connecting stations ŁódĄ Fabryczna and ŁódĄ Kaliska has been complieted. The construction of 2 tunnels under the city center of ŁódĄ is planned – High Speed Railway tunnel and extention of line 17 from ŁódĄ Fabryczna (fig. 4). Tunnels will be constructed using 12,7m diameter TBM as well as cut and cover method (diaphragm wall technology). Completion of work is initially scheduled for 2015/2016.
- Construction of 100 m long, 4,2 m high road tunnel beeing a part of Karpacz bypass was finished in December 2012. The tunnel is passing under skiing and sledge slope named Kolorowa. The price was 14 mln PLN (4,5 mln USD), technology – cut & cover (fig. 5).
|Fig. 1. Excavation “ONZ Station”
||Fig. 2 TBM EPB named “Maria” first break through
|Fig. 3 Mixshield TBM named Damroka - tunnel under the Martwa Wisła river in Gdańsk
PART 4: STATISTICS. 4ème PARTIE : STATISTIQUES.
**** Length or volume excavated - % mechanized / % conventional
Longueur ou volume excavé - % mécanisé / % conventionnel
2000 m – 65 % mechanized, 35% conventional plus 1350 m cut &cover
**** Awards. Amount (USD or EUR) of tunnelling / underground space facilities awarded in 2012
Attribution. Montant (USD ou EUR) des travaux / ouvrages souterrains attribués en 2012
2,1 billlion EURO
E N D / F I N