MEMBER NATION - 2013 ACTIVITY REPORT
NATION MEMBRE - RAPPORT D'ACTIVITÉ 2013
PART 1: THE ASSOCIATION / 1ere PARTIE : L'ASSOCIATION
**** Name and address, E-mail, web site / Nom et adresse, E-mail, site web
- Podkomitet Budownictwa Podziemnego Polskiego Komitetu Geotechniki – Subcommittee of Underground Construction of Polish Geotechnical Committee – Polish Group of ITA
- website: www.pbp-ita.pl
- Secretary: Politechnika Warszawska, ul. Armii Ludowej 16 , room 426, 00-637 Warsaw – Poland, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- President: Anna Siemińska-Lewandowska, Warsaw University of Technology, ul. Armii Ludowej 16 , room 426, 00-637 Warsaw - Poland, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , phone: + 4822 8256078, mobile: 48501572811
**** Type of structure (independent association, committee, other to specify)
Type de structure (association indépendante, comité, autre a préciser)
Polish Group of ITA - association open to public. Association members are employees of higher education institutions (universities), research institutes, design offices and contractors
**** Creation date / Date de création
**** Current board (President/VPs/treasuerer) / Bureau/CA actuel (Président/VP/trésorier)
2011 - 2014 - Anna SIEMINSKA-LEWANDOWSKA - President, Tadusz Majcherczyk, Cezary Madryas - V-ce Presidents, Wojciech Grodecki - secretariat, Monika Mitew - Czajewska - treasurer
**** Previous board (President/VPs/treasurer) / Bureau/CA précédent (Président/VP/trésorier)
2008 - 2011 - Anna SIEMINSKA-LEWANDOWSKA - President, Tadusz Majcherczyk, Cezary Madryas - V-ce Presidents, Wojciech Grodecki - secretariat, Monika Mitew - Czajewska - treasurer
**** Number of members and type / Nombre de membres et type
- 64 individuals
- 5 – supporting members
PART 2: ACTIVITY OF THE MEMBER NATION (MN)
2eme PARTIE : ACTIVITÉ DE LA NATION MEMBRE (NM)
**** Summary in 10 lines of the activity of the Member Nation/
Résumé de 10 lignes de l'activité de la Nation Membre
- Permanent cooperation with AGP (Astaldi, Gulermak) consortium building the second metro line in Warsaw. Cooperation concerning all aspects of underground works,
- Geotechnical expertises and independent design check and review of construction method for two metro stations biult as a part of second metro line in Warsaw - for Metro Warszawskie Company,
- Reviewers of papers as a members of Editorial Board of two journals, << Mine and Tunnel Engineering >> and << Geoengineering - roads, bridges, tunnels >>
- Assessment of the impact of deep excavations on existing metro tunnels or existing structures - expertises for investors and contractors,
- Feasibility study for the Wroclaw metro, comprises 2 lines (total lenght 36 km) and 35 underground stations,
- Cooperation with Polish Committee on Geotechnics PKG , ISRM and TC204 ISSMGE.
**** Congresses and symposiums organised by the MN during the last 5 years/
Congres et symposiums organises par la NM ces cinq dernieres année
- Xth International Conference UNDERGROUND INFRASTRUCTURE of URBAN AREAS organized by the Wroclaw University of Technology and co - organized by the Polish Group of ITA was held in Wrocław, Poland from 22nd to 24th October 2008. 29 papers were presented and published by BALKEMA Taylor & Francis Group, London UK. ITA was represented there by General Secretary Mr Claude Berenguier and Mr Han Admiraal.
- On 9 - 11 September 2009 in Cracow the anniversary 10th Scientific and Technical Conference Underground Construction was held. There were approximately 100 participants and 35 papers were presented. The Conference was hosted by AGH University of Science and Technology, Cracow University of Technology and Cracow City Hall.
- The Seminar Mechanized methods vs. conventional methods of tunnel construction on 9th of September 2011, with the participation of President of ITA Mr In Mo Lee, Executive Director Mr Olivier Vion and the speakers - members of Ex-Co: Rick Lovat, Piergiorgio Grasso, Bai Yun, Daniele Peila, Martin Knights, Soren Degn Eskesen, Amanda Elioff. The Seminar gathered 140 participants. The main sponsors of the Seminar were joint-venture (AGP) of Astaldi (Italy), Gulermak (Turkey), Przedsiębiorstwo Budowy Dróg i Mostów (Poland) and Herrenknecht AG.
- XIth International conference UNDERGROUND INFRASTRUCTURE of URBAN AREAS was held on 25-26 of October 2011 in Wrocław. (www.uiua2011.pwr.wroc.pl ) It was organized by Polish Group of ITA, Technical University of Wroclaw and Polish Society for Trenchless Technology. The conference gathered 160 participants form Poland and other European countries. Proceedings from this event are published by Balkema. The main sponsor was Herrenknecht AG. ITA was represented there by Ex-Co member Mr Soren Degn Eskesen, also Mr Sorin Calinescu and Tibor Horvath were present.
- Construction and safety in road transport and underground urban infrastructure, 19 - 20.04.2012 , AGH University of Science and Technology Cracow, www.bibt.agh.edu.pl
- In cooperation with Hungarian Tunnelling Association - 1st Eastern European Tunnelling Conference , Budapest, 18-21.09.2012r (www.eetc2012budapest.com ),
- Conference <> 6 - 7 November 2013, Sandomierz. There were approximately 60 participants and 20 papers were presented, www.geoinzynieria.pl
**** Congresses and Symposiums planned to be organized by the MN during two next years/
Congres et symposiums prévus detre organisés par la NM durant
- Construction and safety in road transport and underground urban infrastructure, 10 - 11.04.2014, AGH University of Science and Technology Cracow,NAWRAT
- XIIth International conference UNDERGROUND INFRASTRUCTURE of URBAN AREAS will be held on 22-23 of October 2014 in Wrocław. The conference is organized by Polish Group of ITA, Technical University of Wroclaw and Polish Society for Trenchless Technology. www.uiua2014.pwr.wroc.pl . The papers will be published by BALKEMA and ELSEVIER
- Geoingeneering - deep excavations, 5 - 6 November, 2014, Cracow, Poland www.geoinzynieria.pl
**** Training courses organised by ITA-CET Committee in the MN /other training courses
Sessions de formations organisées par le comité ITA-CET dans la NM /autres sessions de formation
Training Course << Mechanized Tunnelling >> organized by Warsaw University of Technology and Politechnico di Torino, ASTALDI and METRO WARSZAWSKIE Sp. Z o.o. - october, november 2011
**** Title of the journal (if any). Important articles published in 2013.
Titre éventuel de la revue. Articles importants publiés en 2013.
- Budownictwo Górnicze i Tunelowe - Mine and Tunnel Engineering, ISSN 1234-5342
- Geoinżynieria - drogi, mosty, tunele - Geoengineering - roads, bridges, tunnels, ISSN 1895-0426
- Inżynieria i Budownictwo - Engineering and Construction, ISSN 0021-0315
- Górnictwo i Geoinżynieria - Mining and Geoengineering, ISSN 1732-6702
- Duży S.: Diagnostics and methods for assessing the condition of mining works. Part. 2 - 4 Budownictwo Górnicze i Tunelowe, 2013 nr 1/ 2/ 3 (in polish)
- Sztarbała G. : An estimation of temperature distribution in natural ventilated road tunnels during a fire using the Computational Fluid Dynamics. 20th International Conference on Computer Methods in Mechanics. Poznań, [27-31 August] 2013:
- Sztarbała G.: The impact of wind on air flow in road tunnel ventilated naturally under fire, 2013. - Budownictwo i Architektura, 2013, Vol.12(2), s. 157-164 (in polish)
- Malesa M., Malowany K. Tomczak U. , Siwek B. , Kujawińska M. , Siemińska-Lewandowska A. Application of 3D digital image correlation in maintenance and process control in industry, Computers in Industry 2013, vol.64
- Mitew-Czajewska M., Kruszewski. P., Kwaśniewski L. Verification of FEM plain strain models of underground structures - Theoretical Foundations of Civil Engineering. Polish-Ukrainian Transactions. Ed. By W. Szcześniak. Warsaw 2013. Vol. 21, p. 93-100
- A.Siemińska-Lewandowska & M. Mitew-Czajewska, Various use of diaphragm walls for construction of multilevel road junction design and monitoring of displacements. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, ed. By: Pierre Delage, Jacques Desrues, Alain Puech, Francois Schlosser, Paris 2013, str. 2099-2102
- Kuszyk R., Siemińska-Lewandowska A., "Volume loss and settlement trough in Warsaw II line". Proceedings of the 39th ITA-AITES World Tunnel Congress, BALKEMA, 2013
PART 3: UNDERGROUND ACTIVITY/
3eme PARTIE : ACTIVITÉ DES TRAVAUX EN SOUTERRAIN
- The construction of 6.3 km long central part of underground line in Warsaw started in march 2010. The construction is under progress. 7 stations were built using the cut and cover method, two single-track tunnels were constructed using 4 TBMs. All running tunnels of total length of 9500 m are completed. After 18 month 4 TBMs finished at Powiśle Station (fig 1). The stations are completed, the finishing works are in progress, the tracks are being laid in tunnels. The underpass of metro tunnels under Wisłostrada road tunnel at Powiśle station is currently executed using conventional method (NATM) together with soil freezing (fig 2).
|Fig. 1. One of 4 TBMs EBP after execution of last tunnel section|
|Fig. 2 Soil freezing using liquid nitrogen|
- East and west part of II metro line in Warsaw - 6 stations (cut - and - cover method) and 8 single track running tunnels (total length app. 5 km) - tender design stage.
- The first tube of 1076 m long road tunnel under the Martwa Wisła river in Gdańsk is completed (fig. 3). The 12,56 m diameter Mixshield is currently renovated and assembled in the starting shaft on the right bank of the river. The drilling works for the second tunnel tube will start in April. Completion of works is scheduled for December 2014.
- Road Tunnel in Gliwice (south Poland) - total length 500 m, cut - and - cover method, building permit stage.
|Fig. 3 Break through - tunnel under Martwa Wisła river in Gdańsk|
PART 4: STATISTICS. 4ème PARTIE : STATISTIQUES.
**** Length or volume excavated - % mechanized / % conventional in 2013
Longueur ou volume excavé - % mécanisé / % conventionnel en 2013
8000 m - 100 % mechanized
**** Awards. Amount (USD or EUR) of tunnelling / underground space facilities awarded in 2013
Attribution. Montant (USD ou EUR) des travaux / ouvrages souterrains attribués en 2013
0,5 bln Euro
E N D / F I N